Micro-mobility is a new trend. Here we apply our expertise to explaining the key points of this urban revolution.
- How does it work and is it easy to use?
A Hoverboard is driven by an electric motor, powered by a battery and balanced by a gyroscopic stabilisation system. You can move forward, slow down, turn 360 degrees and balance effortlessly. The system is designed to always keep you safe; a key factor of our products.
It takes about ten minutes to learn to use. In 30 minutes you’re a pro!
- Why do hoverboard prices vary so much online? And what’s this I hear about them catching fire?
As with any electronic product that is new on the market, it’s important to focus on the quality of the components.
There have been reports of cheap Chinese copies of hoverboards overheating and even catching fire. Ensure that your hoverboard is made by a reputable manufacturer so you know it will last and won’t compromise your safety.
Cheap knock-offs don’t meet standards. Of course, a lack of warranty is also a sign of a low quality product.
When purchasing a Hoverboard, it’s important to consider all aspects.
– Battery: this is the crucial factor, as 90% of the Hoverboards sold online have Chinese batteries. Our site offers only Samsung batteries, which drive the most powerful hoverboards.
– Professional customer service: a lot of internet sellers use the Amazon marketplace because it’s good for their image. Their businesses are scattered about the globe, and even if they give you a warranty, you can wind up paying for international shipping if there’s a problem. At Hoverboard Smart our after-sales service is conducted in the UK by qualified technicians, and shipping is free.
– Optimum warranty: we guarantee your hoverboard for 1 year parts and labour and the battery for 6 months.
– Hoverboard certification: in Europe, we are fortunate to have organisations that provide excellent quality certifications. Make sure your Hoverboard is CE approved. You’ll find this is quite rare online. All our products, our e-shop and store, have passed the European tests, showing that we offer a high quality product.
- Charging time and range?
Recharge times vary from 1½ to 2 hours for a 20km range (that’s a lot!).
- How does the Hoverboard Smart warranty work?
If you encounter a problem with your Hoverboard, simply send it to us. Within 48 hours, we will provide an accurate description of the fault and an estimated repair time. We will then send the repaired hoverboard directly to your address.
- Is there a weight limit? Top speed?
Our self-balancing scooters support up to 120 kg. The top speed is between 14 and 16 kilometres per hour.
- How long for delivery?
Orders received before noon are shipped the same day for receipt two days later throughout Europe and 72 hours outside the EU, via our carriers DHL, UPS and TNT.
- Do price differences suggest a quality difference?
All our self-balancing scooters have exactly the same technical characteristics. All use Samsung Lithium batteries. The electric motor is 700W (the most powerful on the market) on all our products. The price difference chiefly reflects options such as Bluetooth, bigger wheels, and LED.
As technologies evolve rapidly, our technical team ensures that our products are always at the forefront. So when you buy a Hoverboard from us, you can be sure of receiving a cutting-edge product.
- Are any regulations in force?
Just one: courtesy.
Our products are not bulky and adapt well to urban use. They can be used on pavements, but you should be thoughtful towards pedestrians.
- Can I use my hoverboard if it rains?
Our Hoverboards are rated IP54 and are therefore resistant to light rain, and you can ride on a wet surface. However, you should avoid heavy downpours and puddles.
- On what surfaces do your products work best?
Each has its own specific features, but our products are made primarily for urban use on hard surfaces. The imperfections of roads or pavements are not a problem and don’t impact at all on the pleasure of riding our self-balancing scooters. For more information about a specific product please write or call.
- Are there fitness benefits to be gained with a Hoverboard?
This is a totally power assisted mode of transport that is both fun and relaxing. But steering the Hoverboard causes you to lightly work your abdominal muscles.
Have any more questions? Contact us by email.